me

Monday 4 November 2013

Trainee Firefighter

Hay guys!
Wow the last few weeks have been tough. I started my fire-fighter training just over 2 weeks ago, I always knew it was going to be tough but I'm genuinely surprised at how tough it really is not only is it physically tough but mentally tough too. The first week was all classroom based lots of learning and taking notes followed by written exams. It's was really tough trying to study when I got home, I hadn't seen the little one all day and just wanted to have a cuddle and play. I'm not used to these working hours. I'm pleased to say I managed to pass, I thought the written exams were hard but the practical training is a hell of a lot worst. The trainers are tough really tough and seem to adapt an army style of teaching the last 10 days I've had trainers screaming in my face I don't no how I've managed to get through it. If I'm honest I've found it really tough and on a few occasions have felt like giving up. I'm 5ft 2 and am trying the best I can to keep up with the guys I'm training with I just hope I can get through the rest of my training.
On the up I had a day of first aid training which is always nice to know if anything bad does happen I can do the basics until help arrives, you really can make a massive difference in that situation if you know CPR. There's quite a few really good apps to download for CPR and there all free just type in CPR or first aid.

I'm pleased a few of you are trying the manuka honey! I wish I could take it myself but I really don't like the taste of honey.

How quick is Christmas coming around (ahhhhhhhh!) I've been getting a few pressies the last few months to try and take the burden of my purse in December! I'm also trying to buy the tins of sweets and biscuits when I say trying I mean I buy them and then they seem to scream for me to open them in the evening so I am giving up and buying them as near as I can!
We got a fantastic toy the other day that I've allowed Rocky to have before Christmas it's called Dino Construction and basically it's part Dino part construction vehicle the perfect toy for little boys! It's great when you find a toy they really love and he genuinely hasn't put it down he loves diggers and dinosaurs so this was always going to be a hit definitely a must for the boys at christmas! You can order it it from http://www.learningresources.co.uk/



Great Fun recipe this week we made Marshmallows dipped in chocolate. easy to prepare and great fun to be had dipping the marshmallows in melted chocolate then rolling them in sprinkles! I am not sure what rocky enjoyed most licking the leftover melted chocolate or making them? all you need is a bag of marshmallows, pack of cake pop sticks or lollipop sticks (in the baking ingredients isle) and some cake sprinkles! quick easy and fun!




Hows everyone's little ones getting on at school? Rockys reading is coming along fantastic just need to work on his numbers now, its seems very common for children to get muddled up with number recognition. his counting is great but getting him to recognise the numbers are a little trickier especially 6 and 9  he seems to always get muddled up with these 2,who can blame him who ever invented numbers made it hard for them! so I've got a number recognition game that covers numbers 0-9 great little game we have been playing around the dinner table nice and easy to play and does not cost too many pennies at just £8.95, you take a number from the box and whoever has the highest number gets everyone's numbers. within a week we have got numbers 6 and 9 sorted. grab this from http://www.learningresources.co.uk/

Our Favourite read this week has to be Stick Man by Julia Donaldson.
Stick Man lives in the family tree with his Stick Lady Love and their stick children three. But it's dangerous being a Stick Man. A dog wants to play with him, a swan builds her nest with him. He even ends up on a fire!

I've also had my nephew Harry staying with me over half term and as his 13,he didn't want to read stick man, so we have been reading Tinder by Sally Gardner. we both read it together and I even found myself  reading it when he had gone to sleep. what a fantastic book and excellent illustrations i think I have just become a Sally Gardner fan! you can get both these books from http://www.lovereading4kids.co.uk/ great website for finding great reads for the kids

speak soon
x






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Hay Im Miss Bailey, previously sweaty mummy on the run. I loved blogging about my marathon training with little legs in a running buggy that Im back this time as me. I have far too much to say and an opinion on everything (says the other half) let me introduce you to the rest of the Bailey clan Dean- the other half, works hard to keep us in the manner in which we have become accustomed. (skint but that's not his fault) fantastic dad. likes to snore, beer and eat chocolate cake (in reverse order) Rocky- my darling baby boy just turned 4 and will still be my baby at 34!likes making noise, early mornings and mess. After my family the ten things that I love most in the world are (in no particular order) wine, chocolate, weekends, cooking, children's books, online shopping (ouch) christmas, running, movie nights and cuddles. my previous blogs have received the following accolades Netmums blog of the week, Britmums good read and Mumsnet blog of the day. I am happy to receive paid link proposals and advertisement enquiries so long as they are family friendly. This is my personal blog and is a hobby any reviews on this blog are my open and honest opinions.